The Grace and Precision of Oaks 188
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Power
The Grace and Precision of Oaks 188 is a colossal, efficient nation, remarkable for its parental licensing program, frequent executions, and enslaved workforce. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5.038 billion Oaks 188ians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Administration. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 49.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Oaks 188ian economy, worth 454 trillion planets a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Retail, Uranium Mining, Automobile Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 90,307 planets, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 281,876 per year while the poor average 22,214, a ratio of 12.7 to 1.
The army's trophy cabinets have gone all-organic, citizens have to dodge their neighbors' drones while getting the morning paper, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program, and Leader will only ring up foreign leaders if they agree to reverse the charges. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oaks 188's national animal is the falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oaks 188's influence in Bronzeland rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Oaks 188's influence in Bronzeland rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Oaks 188 resigned as Detag of Bronzeland.
- : Oaks 188 withdrew a request for embassies between Bronzeland and Plum Island.
- : Oaks 188 changed the regional banner of Bronzeland.
- : Oaks 188 abolished the regional flag of Bronzeland.
- : Oaks 188 updated the World Factbook entry in Bronzeland.
- : Oaks 188 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 188 appointed Oaks 188 as Detag with authority over Appearance, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Bronzeland.
- : Oaks 188 banned The United Kingdom of Thorn19 from Bronzeland.