The Grace and Precision of Oaks 167
|Category: Authoritarian Democracy|
Location: Artificial Solar System
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Grace and Precision of Oaks 167 is a massive, efficient nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, devout population of 4.666 billion Oaks 167ians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Defense, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 50.7%.
The thriving Oaks 167ian economy, worth 402 trillion planets a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 86,368 planets, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
The full title of Hon Leader Vcte Mgve MF GAPO1LM GCO1E runs to several pages, glossy adverts featuring baby's first puff adorn mothers' magazines, military doctrine says not to open fire until you see the "beady little eyes" of Johnny Foreigner, and ceremonial zweihänders are used in holy rituals. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oaks 167's national animal is the falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oaks 167's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Oaks 167 relocated from Horrible Badness to Artificial Solar System.
- : Oaks 167 applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 167 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 167's influence in Horrible Badness rose from "Zero" to "Apprentice".
- : Oaks 167 relocated from Artificial Solar System to Horrible Badness.
- : Oaks 167 relocated from The United Coalition to Artificial Solar System.
- : Oaks 167 relocated from Artificial Solar System to The United Coalition.
- : Oaks 167 was endorsed by The Republic of Ioke 83.
- : Oaks 167 was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Radiant Sword 11.