The Most Serene Republic of Numano
“Vincit Omnia Veritas - Truth Conquers All Things”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Most Serene Republic of Numano is a large, safe nation, notable for its frequent executions, pith helmet sales, and avant-garde cinema. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 67 million Numanoans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Education, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 70.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Numanoan economy, worth 3.11 trillion Numanis a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 46,470 Numanis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Ticket touts are blamed for the downfall of communism, homeless people can be found sleeping on streets in front of unoccupied second homes, government reports are now used to teach toddlers to read, and women who walk into the ladies' changing room are accused of being Peeping Toms. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Numano's national animal is the Eastern Numanoan Quail, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Numano endorsed The Holy Empire of Dupanda.
- : Following new legislation in Numano, women who walk into the ladies' changing room are accused of being Peeping Toms.
- : Numano was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Dupanda.
- : Numano voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Crime Victims' Rights Act".
- : Following new legislation in Numano, government reports are now used to teach toddlers to read.
- : Following new legislation in Numano, homeless people can be found sleeping on streets in front of unoccupied second homes.
- : Numano was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs and Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Following new legislation in Numano, ticket touts are blamed for the downfall of communism.
- : Numano was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in Numano, political gridlock ensues as even the most innocuous legislation is vetoed by the Supreme Court for potential civil rights violations.
Endorsements Received: 36 » Amerion, Yaravia, Beblahbleblo, Ever Testing, Holota, Chernaya Zvezda, Aidenfieeld, Land Without Shrimp, Bawkie, Eleuthelrium, Bleakfoot, Corgitopiaa, Nowa Europa, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Esterwood, Arscanesia, PenguinPies, Treir, Great Lothian, Volaworand, Holy Free, Goom Bay, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Tepertopia, ARIAPOLIS01, Shoinkwishima, Wehraboos, Kringalia, Eae, Ebonhand, Tsunamy, Gennaretia, Shadeth, Antwerpen1, Driodal, and Dupanda.