The Enlightened Emirate of Nueva Rico
“Everything for the people, nothing by the people.”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Location: Conch Kingdom
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Enlightened Emirate of Nueva Rico is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Umar Ibn al-Sa'id with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 9.303 billion Nueva Ricoans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Moncóvila. The average income tax rate is 97.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Nuyorican economy, worth a remarkable 1,481 trillion dinars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 159,277 dinars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens have to dodge their neighbors' drones while getting the morning paper, a vast monorail network carries people all over the country, people are raising their middle finger to non-digital currencies, and at least 1% of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs budget goes to Umar Ibn al-Sa'id's wardrobe. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Nueva Rico's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Nueva Rico, at least 1% of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs budget goes to Umar Ibn al-Sa'id's wardrobe.
- : Following new legislation in Nueva Rico, people are raising their middle finger to non-digital currencies.
- : Following new legislation in Nueva Rico, a vast monorail network carries people all over the country.
- : Following new legislation in Nueva Rico, citizens have to dodge their neighbors' drones while getting the morning paper.
- : Following new legislation in Nueva Rico, the national anthem is a rather effective sleeping aid.
- : Nueva Rico lodged a message on the Conch Kingdom Regional Message Board.
- : Nueva Rico voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Nueva Rico voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Following new legislation in Nueva Rico, authorities are looking for a stool pigeon to rat out who is stealing food from pigeon toilets.
- : Following new legislation in Nueva Rico, asking 'does my bum look big in this?' leads to 30 hours of self-esteem classes.
Endorsements Received: 71 » Socialist Platypus, Duby, Liberto-Ancapistan, Pervincia, Balan Bar, Dyrland, Zuelong, Land of Legacy, Gatorstan, Oktadonia, Untied States of Matter, Cle Brait, Stustu, The Spook Who Sat By The Door, Ciapore, Lislandia, El Blurkistan, Kurczak Mielony, Charville, Aelandi, Nova Briton, GreatBritannia, Creditopia, Primis Tenebris, Cyzixraqab, Saint Killebrew, Vivenxistan, The Free City of Nelson, Hubdova, Wakaru, The Psittacines, Skoorb, Hockeyyekcoh, Werstonal, BadBitchVille, Clownclub, The sovereign provinces of Mesha, Hamptoria, Erithian, Devonigondwana, GibmeMoney, Eastern Starbowie, Seolia, Ziroxeut, Nibelia, Commuba, Terra Valor, Tolerian Empire, Deblar, Jossel, and 21 others.Ruotsaland, StarGaiz, Elythrea, Cramboria, Redamia, Loveable Dogs, Great Luirokitanea, Covoicotheval, United Cyber Tech, Swiss Hommousionopia, Sweola, Washiwa, Her Majesty Silver Garden, Flamboyant Fanboys, Tentoria, The Capitalist China Party, Aerospace And Freedom, Holy Boaiggim, The Unified Pumaxi, Litorauria, and Azaman.