The Federal Republic of Nova Kobol
“So Say We All”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Newcomer
The Federal Republic of Nova Kobol is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 784 million Nova Kobolians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New New Caprica City. The average income tax rate is 47.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Nova Kobolian economy, worth 86.1 trillion Cubits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 109,832 Cubits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The banshee wail foretells skies of death, New New Caprica City's main city thoroughfare has been blocked by a row of leyland cypresses that mysteriously appeared overnight, the nation's industries are scrambling to switch to biodegradable plastics, and shady doctors seem to have impeccable records. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nova Kobol's national animal is the Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nova Kobol was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Nova Kobol's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Nova Kobol's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Nova Kobol's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Nova Kobol was refounded in Balder.
- : Nova Kobol ceased to exist in The South Pacific.
- : Nova Kobol was endorsed by The Kingdom of Brunier.
- : Nova Kobol was endorsed by The Republic of Alfama.
- : Nova Kobol was endorsed by The Free Land of Ofaria.
- : Nova Kobol was endorsed by The Cyan shine of Siyania.