The Grand Militariat Republic of Nova-Columbia
“Hope for peace, prepare for war, act with honor.”
|Category: Moralistic Democracy|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Grand Militariat Republic of Nova-Columbia is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by First Marshal Andronikos with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, zero percent divorce rate, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, devout population of 6.398 billion Columbians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tiir. The average income tax rate is 67.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Nova-Columbian economy, worth a remarkable 1,061 trillion Mazyrs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 165,942 Mazyrs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Many friends and relatives of First Marshal Andronikos have been given ambassador jobs in tropical island nations, doctors who mutter "Oh my God" often lose their medical license, the best way to be heard in politics is to speak softly and carry a big comedy prop, and police officers that upset their bosses get assigned to 24 hour stakeouts of bike sheds. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nova-Columbia's national animal is the Columbian Falcon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Trivere.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nova-Columbia was endorsed by The ENDORSE LIBERTANNY of The Atlae Isles.
- : Nova-Columbia was endorsed by The Weed-choked lawn of A mean old man.
- : Nova-Columbia was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Mays Austrian Nation.
- : Nova-Columbia was endorsed by The Holy Red Santa Republic of Evrigenis.
- : Nova-Columbia was endorsed by The Parrot Excommunigate of Libertanny.
- : Nova-Columbia was endorsed by The Feudal Democracy of EnderShnovia.
- : Nova-Columbia was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Flying Snow.
- : Nova-Columbia's influence in The East Pacific fell from "Squire" to "Page".
- : Nova-Columbia was endorsed by The Artamevian Republic of Modra.
- : Nova-Columbia was endorsed by The Holy Blue Free Land of Liberstankonia.
Endorsements Received: 29 » Wiranath, Technocratic Tagalog, Sokala, Talitoa, Virgoliaendorses, Euricanis, ArenaC, H-Zhena, Oofery, Tseriesiscoming, Zukchiva, Freedomindia, The Three States of Fortuna, Brotherland, VW53Aland, Peoples Republic of GG, Marrabuk, Staynes, Tretrid, Ridann, The Eternal Land of Jong, Liberstankonia, Modra, EnderShnovia, Libertanny, Evrigenis, Mays Austrian Nation, A mean old man, and The Atlae Isles.