The Republic of Not A Hermit
“Still not a hermit...”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Republic of Not A Hermit is a colossal, orderly nation, remarkable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, state-planned economy, and pith helmet sales. The compassionate, cynical, devout population of 6.249 billion Not A Hermitians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 40.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Not A Hermitian economy, worth 267 trillion wooden sticks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Tourism, Woodchip Exports, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 42,754 wooden sticks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government, it is illegal to brush crumbs off your clothing outdoors, counselors have to sign pledges supporting gay rights before they can speak to any patients, and radio stations are forbidden to play anything with too much drum or bass. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Not A Hermit's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Not A Hermit resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Not A Hermit endorsed The United Utopia of Untspah.
- : Not A Hermit was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Not A Hermit relocated from Artificial Solar System to Equestria.
- : Not A Hermit endorsed The Republic of Bluementhol.
- : Not A Hermit endorsed The Irradiated Land of Desert Wasteland.
- : Not A Hermit was endorsed by The Republic of Bluementhol.
- : Not A Hermit was endorsed by The Irradiated Land of Desert Wasteland.
- : Not A Hermit endorsed The Republic of Merni9.
- : Not A Hermit endorsed The Skyward Empire of Flitter.