The Republic of Nimros
“Nec Temere, Nec Timide”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Republic of Nimros is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Delphinos with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory military service, and avant-garde cinema. The compassionate, cheerful, devout population of 12.551 billion Nimroans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nimrosia. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Nimroan economy, worth a remarkable 2,194 trillion Nomismas a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 174,830 Nomismas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government sends submarines to retrieve bodies from shipwrecked submarines, any secret that gets off someone's chest is promptly replaced, elections are won by the candidate who makes the best 'yo mama' jokes, and every school is receiving a brand new eraser. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nimros's national animal is the Dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Nimrodoxy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nimros's influence in Forest rose from "Hatchling" to "Squire".
- : Nimros relocated from Osiris to Forest.
- : Nimros was refounded in Osiris.
- : Nimros ceased to exist in Forest.
- : Nimros was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Following new legislation in Nimros, every school is receiving a brand new eraser.
- : Following new legislation in Nimros, elections are won by the candidate who makes the best 'yo mama' jokes.
- : Following new legislation in Nimros, any secret that gets off someone's chest is promptly replaced.
- : Following new legislation in Nimros, the government sends submarines to retrieve bodies from shipwrecked submarines.
- : Following new legislation in Nimros, a common response to government PSAs is "well, DUH, obviously".