The Republic of Newfound Prospero
“Money doesn't grow on trees”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Republic of Newfound Prospero is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, suspicion of poets, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 521 million Newfound Prosperoans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Onetown. The average income tax rate is 54.1%.
The very strong Newfound Prosperoan economy, worth 39.5 trillion Baks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 75,849 Baks, with the richest citizens earning 5.2 times as much as the poorest.
Citizens have a tough time telling the difference between jeans and genes, the consumption of vegetables is illegal, getting caught with the wrong recipe book can get you locked up for 100 - 500 megaseconds, and the disabled are forced to undergo an MRI scan every time they pick up their benefit payments. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Newfound Prospero's national animal is the Turtle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Newfound Prospero was endorsed by The Empire of Celannica.
- : Newfound Prospero endorsed The Seeker of Managers of East Malaysia.
- : Following new legislation in Newfound Prospero, the disabled are forced to undergo an MRI scan every time they pick up their benefit payments.
- : Following new legislation in Newfound Prospero, getting caught with the wrong recipe book can get you locked up for 100 - 500 megaseconds.
- : Following new legislation in Newfound Prospero, the consumption of vegetables is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Newfound Prospero, citizens have a tough time telling the difference between jeans and genes.
- : Following new legislation in Newfound Prospero, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering'.
- : Newfound Prospero endorsed The Acting Overseeing Officer of Feu de Glace.
- : Newfound Prospero endorsed The Write Pretty Speech of Todd McCloud.
- : Newfound Prospero endorsed The Delegate Elect of Marrabuk.
Endorsements Received: 32 » VW53Aland, BearStackof2015, H-Zhena, Axdel, Brotherland, Roissyland, Kangarawa, Janoobi Jazair, Escade, Liberstankonia, Johnny Appleseed1, Hizuru, Monteconstance, Laquara, Staynes, Marrico, Encurage, Commodore Badger, Libertanny, Avakael, Zukchiva, Firenation91, Dragons Blood, Valincong, Harpiatopia, Guthra, Brethren, Tim Stark, Feu de Glace, Ramaeus, Marrabuk, and Celannica.