The Federal Republic of New Qafedemar
“Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Federal Republic of New Qafedemar is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Hui-chao Beifong with an iron fist, and remarkable for its pith helmet sales, keen interest in outer space, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 1.954 billion New Qafedemarians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt government prioritizes Administration, with Law & Order, Industry, and Healthcare also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Republic City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 69.5%.
The frighteningly efficient New Qafedemarian economy, worth 215 trillion Republic Ruoroes a year, is fairly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Retail, Tourism, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Gambling. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 110,099 Republic Ruoroes, with the richest citizens earning 8.0 times as much as the poorest.
Petitions to the government are being used to insulate politicians' office walls, agricultural employees work for peanuts, it's best to say "yes" if the arbiter asks "what are you, a moron?", and public toilets are famed for their rear entries. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Qafedemar's national animal is the Unagi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Phejong.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Qafedemar was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens and the Top 5% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Following new legislation in New Qafedemar, public toilets are famed for their rear entries.
- : Following new legislation in New Qafedemar, it's best to say "yes" if the arbiter asks "what are you, a moron?".
- : Following new legislation in New Qafedemar, agricultural employees work for peanuts.
- : Following new legislation in New Qafedemar, petitions to the government are being used to insulate politicians' office walls.
- : Following new legislation in New Qafedemar, children have only the most basic of education.
- : Following new legislation in New Qafedemar, the government is spending millions on lawyers' fees trying to get Hui-chao Beifong off a murder charge.
- : Following new legislation in New Qafedemar, democratic debates have been removed from the government.
- : New Qafedemar was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Father Knows Best State".
- : Following new legislation in New Qafedemar, replacement organs are grown in vats.
Endorsements Received: 79 » Amerion, Lyland, Corgitopiaa, Marinho Islands, New Itomorii, Aidenfieeld, Tsunamy, Conexia, Tepertopia, Holota, Proctethia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Qvait, Arvan Irawer, Beepee, The Solar System Scope, Scu Greinne, Erinor, Concrete Slab, Jehenna, Unojo, Bawkie, Bleakfoot, Treir, LadyRebels, Nowa Europa, Berlana, Farengeto, Sandaoguo, Crystal Creation, Purple Hyacinth, Linguiniland, Yeses, The West Valley Mountains, Belschaft, Bichedder, Wehraboos, Eskvenn, PenguinPies, Aumeltopia, Rebel-topia, Holy Free, Japanese Federal Republic, Direwolf1, Si-topia, Land Without Shrimp, Bear Connors Paradiso, Libedistan, Westenhald, Iym Winterless, and 29 others.Sedunn, Ralphburg, Neazland, New Belgrade, Doundaly, Kiasu-ism, Curlyhoward, Pamela And Hepatitis, Tughampton, Catsonya, Centristvill, The Two Jerseys, Ancient Slobovia, Not Austria, Abarri, Freedoom, Herbert Island, Gonrati, Levistian, Calistan, Volaworand, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Dai Han, Poopisiya, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, The United Australian States, The United Expanse, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, and Ipugao.