The Jingoistic States of New Liban
“إذا كنت تقرأ هذا ، شم رائحة سروالي”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Unproven
The Jingoistic States of New Liban is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 275 million New Libanians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 58.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The New Libanian economy, worth 11.4 trillion BTCS a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 41,352 BTCS, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Both criminals and civilians are DOA, New Liban successfully hosted the Balder Olympics, prisoners regularly escape detention posing as scarecrows, and the government keeps its thumb on the scales of justice. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Liban's national animal is the Cedar Tree, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Liban's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : New Liban was refounded in Balder.
- : New Liban ceased to exist in The South Pacific.
- : New Liban was endorsed by The Republic of Fighting Kawi Ninja.
- : New Liban was endorsed by The Republic of Eastern Mekong.
- : New Liban was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Agletgreenia.
- : New Liban was endorsed by The Culture Blossom Commonwealth of North Prarie.
- : New Liban was endorsed by The Still Best in TSP of Witchcraft and Sorcery.
- : New Liban was endorsed by The Empire of Rhetiaa.
- : New Liban was endorsed by The Federation of Beblahbleblo.