The Dominion of New Leicestershire
“Libertas Inaestimabilis Res Est”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Location: Zhaucauozian Friendship
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Dominion of New Leicestershire is a gargantuan, efficient nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, unlimited-speed roads, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 29.116 billion New Leicestershireans are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The tiny, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.3%.
The frighteningly efficient New Leicestershirean economy, worth a remarkable 3,914 trillion NL Pounds a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 134,440 NL Pounds, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 383,133 per year while the poor average 37,623, a ratio of 10.2 to 1.
Guns are banned, a National Academy regulates grammar and usage, inheritance tax has recently been abolished, and school uniforms are compulsory. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low. New Leicestershire's national animal is the Osprey, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Leicestershire changed its national motto to "Libertas Inaestimabilis Res Est".
- : New Leicestershire was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : New Leicestershire's influence in Zhaucauozian Friendship rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : New Leicestershire's influence in Zhaucauozian Friendship rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : New Leicestershire's influence in Zhaucauozian Friendship rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : New Leicestershire relocated from International Democratic Union to Zhaucauozian Friendship.
- : New Leicestershire's influence in International Democratic Union rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : New Leicestershire's influence in International Democratic Union rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : New Leicestershire's influence in International Democratic Union rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : New Leicestershire altered its national flag.