The Flowerdom of New Balticarica
“United By A Common Cause”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Flowerdom of New Balticarica is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Bjorn I with a fair hand, and notable for its daily referendums, smutty television, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.019 billion Balticaricans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Winstonia. The average income tax rate is 45.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming New Balticarican economy, worth 116 trillion Balticarican Pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 114,474 Balticarican Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
An endless multinational bureaucracy connects the Red Bloc, fake designer clothes are shredded and burnt while many in the world don't have a shirt on their back, there are no more heroes any more, and teenagers performing appendectomies on their friends has become a popular schoolyard prank. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. New Balticarica's national animal is the Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Balticarica was endorsed by The Commonwealth of The Langburn Islands.
- : New Balticarica was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- : New Balticarica voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Gay Panic defense Ban".
- : Following new legislation in New Balticarica, teenagers performing appendectomies on their friends has become a popular schoolyard prank.
- : Following new legislation in New Balticarica, there are no more heroes any more.
- : Following new legislation in New Balticarica, fake designer clothes are shredded and burnt while many in the world don't have a shirt on their back.
- : Following new legislation in New Balticarica, an endless multinational bureaucracy connects the Red Bloc.
- : New Balticarica was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : New Balticarica was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : New Balticarica was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
Endorsements Received: 54 » Qvait, Amerion, Volaworand, Corgitopiaa, Holota, Scu Greinne, Marinho Islands, Concrete Slab, Treir, Bleakfoot, The Solar System Scope, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Curlyhoward, Beepee, Land Without Shrimp, Kandorith, Rebel-topia, Tsvetania, Nowa Europa, Crystal Creation, Blondiesland, Tsunamy, Erinor, Wehraboos, Aumeltopia, Conexia, Tepertopia, Aidenfieeld, Shuckle Empire, Ebonhand, Belschaft, Farengeto, Sandaoguo, Purple Hyacinth, Linguiniland, PenguinPies, Bichedder, Japanese Federal Republic, Doge Land, Holy Free, Eskvenn, Libedistan, Westenhald, New Belgrade, Sedunn, Bawkie, The Stickmin Empire, Gonrati, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Choman, and 4 others.The United Australian States, Sodor and Mann, Ipugao, and The Langburn Islands.