The Democratic Republic of New Asden
“Together Shalt We Continue to Endure”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: The Kodiak Republic
Regional Influence: Enforcer
The Democratic Republic of New Asden is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Aaron Tonnesen with a fair hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, ubiquitous missile silos, and pith helmet sales. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.665 billion Asdenians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Beaufort. The average income tax rate is 69.7%.
The frighteningly efficient New Asdenian economy, worth 246 trillion Florins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 148,290 Florins, with the richest citizens earning 5.2 times as much as the poorest.
Young schoolchildren pledge allegiance to One Nation Under Bum Indivisible By Poo, social media sites prompt users to send birthday greetings to unresponsive nonagenarians, looting and pillaging are now considered vital intelligence-gathering activities, and citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. New Asden's national animal is the Osprey, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Protestantism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Asden was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Sabutaka.
- : Following new legislation in New Asden, citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless.
- : Following new legislation in New Asden, looting and pillaging are now considered vital intelligence-gathering activities.
- : New Asden endorsed The Free Land of The hold of Eastmarch.
- : New Asden endorsed The Empire of Habsburg-germany.
- : New Asden endorsed The United States of Tiev.
- : Following new legislation in New Asden, social media sites prompt users to send birthday greetings to unresponsive nonagenarians.
- : New Asden lodged a message on the The Kodiak Republic Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in New Asden, young schoolchildren pledge allegiance to One Nation Under Bum Indivisible By Poo.
- : Following new legislation in New Asden, nano-Ospreys are the current fad sweeping the nation.
Endorsements Received: 54 » Elizzlee, Slatium, Vikstein, Angels of Elements, The Great Caribbean, OmniGooch, BrazilUnido, Kallanistan People s Republic, Alvakheda, Fjordlandia, Rykkland, Vichnaya, Republic of Azvrenia, Valsimia, Myrum Kangs, Oktenbourg, Cromreland, Evil0ultraVI, YDMX, Sinre, Communist America I, Denext, Ditrania, People Empire, Eria Flutholland, FreeRussiaRepublic, Oisam, Free Liberfen, Broalsrum, Benyand, Raspitanica, Imperium of Tanith, Tomorrowia, Iraeli, Epire, Creodd, Zaval, Lamercasia, LA CASIA, Kruitezia, Sandera, Free Oceanic State, Pavitraria, Worms N Stuff, The Oranje-Transvaal Vrystaat, New Caladania, EReichnya, Neldoria, Yarumab-Corriopankt, Homul, and 4 others.Capitalist Shiv Loka, Alantic States, British bristolia, and Sabutaka.