The Republic of New Amere
“An unjust law is no law at all”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Republic of New Amere is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its public floggings, avant-garde cinema, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 694 million New Amereans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Amere City. The average income tax rate is 70.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong New Amerean economy, worth 48.6 trillion Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 70,003 Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Printing out government documents requires the approval of at least three admins, popular cartoon characters frequently appear in government-sponsored PSAs reminding students to say no to drugs, people who stay late at the office often come home to find their own funeral being planned, and workers have seized control of the economy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Amere's national animal is the wingless flying hippo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in New Amere, workers have seized control of the economy.
- : Following new legislation in New Amere, people who stay late at the office often come home to find their own funeral being planned.
- : New Amere was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Following new legislation in New Amere, popular cartoon characters frequently appear in government-sponsored PSAs reminding students to say no to drugs.
- : New Amere was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Ceutalia.
- : Following new legislation in New Amere, printing out government documents requires the approval of at least three admins.
- : New Amere endorsed The Serene Land of The United Australian States.
- : New Amere's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : New Amere was endorsed by The Pacifist States of The United Expanse.
- : New Amere was endorsed by The Serene Land of The United Australian States.
Endorsements Received: 72 » Qvait, Nowa Europa, Bawkie, Land Without Shrimp, Volaworand, New Briantown, Phanama, Tepertopia, Bleakfoot, Corgitopiaa, PenguinPies, Wehraboos, Andinla, Marinho Islands, Wakandan Tribes, Aidenfieeld, Amerion, Bartonia Nova, Ebonhand, Zataras, Aumeltopia, Farengeto, Treir, Kandorith, Synarion, Belschaft, Erinor, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Purple Hyacinth, Canmore, Abarri, Rebel-topia, Wallechi, Auphelia, Holota, Qawe, Eskvenn, Tsunamy, Drystar, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Beepee, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Sandaoguo, Bichedder, Nova Montron, and 22 others.Pamela And Hepatitis, Ipugao, Bear Connors Paradiso, Fighting Kawi Ninja, The Two Jerseys, The naked people, Bohenia, Tsvetania, North Kanuckistan, Libedistan, West Bridgeport, Great Andora, Westenhald, Seliyan progressive Islands, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Gonrati, Japanese Federal Republic, Dai Han, The United Australian States, The United Expanse, and Ceutalia.