The Commonwealth of Never was New England
“God saved us from the Queen”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Commonwealth of Never was New England is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister John Goodman with a fair hand, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, keen interest in outer space, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.833 billion Never was New Englandians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Boston. The average income tax rate is 70.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Never was New Englandian economy, worth 150 trillion Quans a year, is quite specialized and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 82,347 Quans, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Commuters often break into synchronised para-para dancing for no reason at all, the number of students attending university has reached a record high, businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders, and the nation's interest in space is at an all-time high while interest in saving the planet is at an all-time low. Crime is totally unknown. Never was New England's national animal is the Orca, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is None or Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Never was New England voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Gay Panic defense Ban".
- : Following new legislation in Never was New England, the nation's interest in space is at an all-time high while interest in saving the planet is at an all-time low.
- : Following new legislation in Never was New England, businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders.
- : Following new legislation in Never was New England, the number of students attending university has reached a record high.
- : Never was New England was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Never was New England voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Embassy"".
- : Never was New England voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Never was New England was endorsed by The High Court Justice of Ebonhand.
- : Never was New England voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Never was New England's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
Endorsements Received: 44 » Beepee, Conexia, Scu Greinne, Holota, Concrete Slab, Marinho Islands, Tepertopia, Kadocci, Bawkie, Bleakfoot, Tsunamy, Western Fardelshufflestein, Treir, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Jehenna, Nowa Europa, Qvait, Amerion, Erinor, Blondiesland, Farengeto, Sandaoguo, Crystal Creation, Purple Hyacinth, Linguiniland, Belschaft, Wehraboos, Bichedder, PenguinPies, LadyRebels, Aumeltopia, Rebel-topia, Holy Free, Eskvenn, Land Without Shrimp, Libedistan, Westenhald, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Gonrati, Volaworand, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Ipugao, and Ebonhand.