The Federation of Neighbourhood Watchers
“God, Homeland, Liberty”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Location: New Pekola
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Federation of Neighbourhood Watchers is a massive, efficient nation, notable for its enslaved workforce, infamous sell-swords, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 1.705 billion Neighbourhood Watchersians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 10.2%.
The very strong Neighbourhood Watchersian economy, worth 95.2 trillion dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Woodchip Exports industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Basket Weaving, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is 55,834 dollars, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 375,313 per year while the poor average 3,104, a ratio of 120 to 1.
Unemployed political consultants and advertisers spend every election night weeping for the good old days, rap artists are regularly arrested for promoting extremist groups, the government regularly reassures citizens that there are no monsters under their beds, and 4-year-olds studying for their mathematics exams are anxious that they will be unemployable in adulthood if they fail. Crime is moderate. Neighbourhood Watchers's national animal is the cobra, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Neighbourhood Watchers's influence in New Pekola rose from "Instigator" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Neighbourhood Watchers's influence in New Pekola rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Instigator".
- : Neighbourhood Watchers's influence in New Pekola fell from "Superpower" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Neighbourhood Watchers resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Neighbourhood Watchers ejected and banned The Disputed Territories of Goopycalamari11 from New Pekola.
- : Neighbourhood Watchers ejected and banned The Holy Empire of Andusrean Army 10 from New Pekola.
- : Neighbourhood Watchers ejected and banned The Rogue Nation of Tenist from New Pekola.
- : Neighbourhood Watchers became WA Delegate of New Pekola.
- : Neighbourhood Watchers's influence in New Pekola rose from "Zero" to "Superpower".
- : Neighbourhood Watchers relocated from Artificial Solar System to New Pekola.