The Commune of NDFFF
“Strength Through Compliance”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Location: The Union of Religious Nations
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Commune of NDFFF is a colossal, orderly nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons, rampant corporate plagiarism, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 9.698 billion NDFFFians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Healthcare, and Public Transport. The average income tax rate is 67.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped NDFFFian economy, worth 269 trillion pesos a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, highly specialized black market in Tourism, Trout Farming, and Pizza Delivery. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 27,772 pesos, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Traveller camps regularly block five-lane superhighways, any citizen who cries is immediately assigned a psychiatrist, banana distribution among collective farm workers is an important topic in public discourse, and tradesmen will knock 10% off their fees if customers pay cash. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. NDFFF's national animal is the penguin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : NDFFF was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : NDFFF resigned from the World Assembly.
- : NDFFF voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Verdant Haven".
- : NDFFF voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fairness in Collective Bargaining".
- : NDFFF voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Road Safety"".
- : NDFFF was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : NDFFF applied to join the World Assembly.
- : NDFFF was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Survivors.
- : NDFFF was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : NDFFF was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.