The Constitutional Monarchy of Mortopian
“For King and Country”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Constitutional Monarchy of Mortopian is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Mortis with a fair hand, and notable for its frequent executions, compulsory military service, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-working, democratic population of 2.202 billion Mortopianians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mortopia. The average income tax rate is 37.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Mortopianian economy, worth 217 trillion Units a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. Average income is 98,678 Units, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Ports have ground to a halt as no boat can reach them without trespassing, the fate of the world literally rests on Mortis's fingers, military minds worry that 'the blue screen of death' on brand new operating systems may be a literal description, and major corporations receive tax breaks for no apparent reason. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mortopian's national animal is the Emu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mortopian voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Embassy"".
- : Following new legislation in Mortopian, major corporations receive tax breaks for no apparent reason.
- : Mortopian was endorsed by The Democratic States of Anatasha.
- : Mortopian withdrew its endorsement from The 🐝 Please Endorse BEEPEE 🐝 of Amerion.
- : Mortopian voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Mortopian was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Mortopian was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Following new legislation in Mortopian, military minds worry that 'the blue screen of death' on brand new operating systems may be a literal description.
- : Following new legislation in Mortopian, the fate of the world literally rests on Mortis's fingers.
- : Following new legislation in Mortopian, ports have ground to a halt as no boat can reach them without trespassing.
Endorsements Received: 61 » Qvait, Corgitopiaa, Aidenfieeld, Amerion, Land Without Shrimp, Tepertopia, Phanama, Nowa Europa, Canmore, Bawkie, WI SD EA D, New Briantown, Armonitopia, Bleakfoot, Marinho Islands, PenguinPies, Treir, Wehraboos, Volaworand, Bartonia Nova, Ebonhand, Aumeltopia, Kandorith, Erinor, Synarion, Wakandan Tribes, Belschaft, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Purple Hyacinth, Rebel-topia, Wallechi, Auphelia, Farengeto, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Beepee, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Sandaoguo, Bichedder, Eskvenn, Blondiesland, Tsunamy, Yeses, Libedistan, and 11 others.Westenhald, Levistian, Ceutalia, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Gonrati, The United Australian States, LadyRebels, Nova Kobol, Ipugao, and Anatasha.