The Federal Republic of Montecaro
“Unity and Progress”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Federal Republic of Montecaro is a massive, safe nation, ruled by President John Durham with a fair hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, enslaved workforce, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 2.505 billion Montecarans enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Monteria. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 43.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Montecaran economy, worth 298 trillion Monos a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 119,222 Monos, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 483,393 per year while the poor average 19,573, a ratio of 24.7 to 1.
Foreign nationals are widely distrusted, the government is hoping that medical aid will speak louder than human rights abuses, people with political aspirations study how to make balloon animals, and phone taps are frequently carried out by the police. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Montecaro's national animal is the Swordfish, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Montecaro voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : Montecaro voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Montecaro endorsed The Holy Empire of Nondenominational Christian Commonwealth.
- : Following new legislation in Montecaro, phone taps are frequently carried out by the police.
- : Following new legislation in Montecaro, people with political aspirations study how to make balloon animals.
- : Montecaro was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Montecaro, the government is hoping that medical aid will speak louder than human rights abuses.
- : Following new legislation in Montecaro, foreign nationals are widely distrusted.
- : Montecaro was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Nondenominational Christian Commonwealth.
- : Following new legislation in Montecaro, the needs of the living outweigh the needs of the dead.
Endorsements Received: 53 » Wellsenfaile, Hatstheput, Lesser Velutaria, Nicersdah, Flashboom, San Calia, Yodivenis, Kentalis, Qazhshava, Senshen, Junterland, Gadorien, Blechingia, Torvon, Speke, Whitmarche, Shadoveil, Southern Velutaria, Kinoko, Ronkistan, Yetrasia, Halsuntria, Etiah, Fallooplesburg, Abjekistan, New Sebronia, Greater Efrafa, The New Bulgarian Order, Sarussia, Regauria, Foxomexra, Misnomers, Prybourne, Nerany, Turpir Hoes, Gran Rugido, Republic of Turbin, Valcouria, Kistolia, Horizen Islands, Amrelia, The Modern New Spanish Empire, Plattinum, Latvia and Saaremaa, Iwonia, Sab Demenr, Gavrilia, Lyonheimer, The Trilla Gang Mafia, Polder Eiland, and 3 others.Bro Wyned, Rutheneja, and Nondenominational Christian Commonwealth.