The Federal Republic of Montecaro
“Unity and Progress”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Federal Republic of Montecaro is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by President Jay Walker with a fair hand, and notable for its public floggings, compulsory military service, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 2.049 billion Montecarans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Monteria. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 24.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Montecaran economy, worth 206 trillion Monos a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 100,687 Monos, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 297,396 per year while the poor average 26,800, a ratio of 11.1 to 1.
Immigrants who carry knives on them are presumed to be chefs, justice is available only to those who can afford its price tag, laws are littered with references to cheese, and torture is illegal. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Montecaro's national animal is the Swordfish, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Montecaro was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Foxomexra.
- : Montecaro was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Montecaro, torture is illegal.
- : Following new legislation in Montecaro, laws are littered with references to cheese.
- : Montecaro was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Corporate Bordello".
- : Following new legislation in Montecaro, justice is available only to those who can afford its price tag.
- : Following new legislation in Montecaro, immigrants who carry knives on them are presumed to be chefs.
- : Montecaro voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Following new legislation in Montecaro, hostage-takers offer loyalty scheme points for prompt payment.
- : Following new legislation in Montecaro, nobody looks each other in the eye at neighborhood block parties any more.
Endorsements Received: 34 » Wellsenfaile, Hatstheput, Lesser Velutaria, North Better-than-You, Nicersdah, Flashboom, San Calia, Yodivenis, AquaHeart, Kentalis, Qazhshava, Senshen, Junterland, Gadorien, Blechingia, Torvon, Speke, Whitmarche, Shadoveil, Southern Velutaria, Kinoko, Urusla, Ronkistan, Yetrasia, Halsuntria, Etiah, Fallooplesburg, Abjekistan, New Sebronia, Greater Efrafa, The New Bulgarian Order, Sarussia, Regauria, and Foxomexra.