The Directorate State of Monix
“Non obstante adverso resurgemus!”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Location: The East Pacific
Regional Influence: Squire
The Directorate State of Monix is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Lazarillo Torre with an iron fist, and renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, ubiquitous missile silos, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cynical, devout population of 1.264 billion Monixians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ignisia. The average income tax rate is 82.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Monixian economy, worth 155 trillion R'units a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 123,340 R'units, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It turns out that you actually can put a price on intangible cultural heritage, new "Commiserations! It's An Accident!" greetings cards for expectant mothers are selling surprisingly quickly, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit, and the nation's diplomatic missives are now delivered via sniper rifle. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Monix's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Freedom of Religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Monix was endorsed by The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle.
- : Following new legislation in Monix, the nation's diplomatic missives are now delivered via sniper rifle.
- : Following new legislation in Monix, the new 'Things We Stole From Other Countries' exhibition at the National Museum of Antiquities is a hit.
- : Following new legislation in Monix, new "Commiserations! It's An Accident!" greetings cards for expectant mothers are selling surprisingly quickly.
- : Following new legislation in Monix, it turns out that you actually can put a price on intangible cultural heritage.
- : Following new legislation in Monix, the government regularly publishes lengthy reports on its own excessive recordkeeping.
- : Following new legislation in Monix, a newly discovered small mammal's name translates into Monixian as 'your finger, you fool'.
- : Following new legislation in Monix, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : Following new legislation in Monix, fake designer clothes are shredded and burnt while many in the world don't have a shirt on their back.
- : Following new legislation in Monix, people often feel unbalanced by their daily commute.
Endorsements Received: 144 » Todd McCloud, Brotherland, La xinga, The Soviet Space Commie Union, Wiranath, Marrabuk, Martonica, Pakitsk, East Malaysia, Modra, H-Zhena, Rhealaliit, Roliganistan, Headpat Central, Ridann, Merlovich, Kaigi, Eagas, Wanabe, VW53Aland, Talitoa, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Wizardonia, Kelsyth, Unger under over, Lyontisia, Imperial Akatsuki, Trimmania, Arkantis, Bai Lung, Kangarawa, Rainbow Vests, BearStackof2015, Davinhia, Lanagon, Elejamie, United China Nation, Greater Felter, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Adolanta, Stellar Colonies, Freedom Fascists, Plazland, Citergue, Someseni, Kampf Empire, VernKhalla, Socialist Holy American Empire, The United Neo American Union, Am Echad, and 94 others.Lundenia, The Three States of Fortuna, The Empire of Rijelv, Cameronia Excellentia, Firenation91, ArenaC, New Bradenia Ghost, Dragonia, The New Tace, Sanah, The Militarius Imperium, Jyzeria, ReeK, CheeseBurrito, Chria Deau, Layngderfleethe, Kalaratri, Kilkire, A Slanted Black Stripe, North Insomnia, Dark Edgyness, Galve, Swiftwhiskers, Dracacre, Habsburg-Lorriane, Axdel, Euricanis, Federated States of Zootron, Mahatakutana, The New Wisconsin Empire, Icelandic Imperium, Joundia, Chubaka, Monezambique, Liberstankonia, Sen Jast, Qui sequuntur somnia, Kario and Nix, Khvetsch, Evrigenis, Seri Tai Republic, Tshana, Kucia, Servants of Gizmo, Sycona, Harro Waarudho, Aeljae, Cymru Broadcasters, Hokolokia, FreedomIand, La Isla Nueva, Nifalembria Zamingstan, The Almighty Country, Bytes, Kriov, Brethren, Zang0, Chols Worithopia, The Solar Ottomans, Great Algerstonia, Zukchiva, Acronis, Holy Alasia Orozen, Blobbo, Matdor, Dragons Blood, Bermadia, Tretrid, Schrebia, Libertanny, Lingu, Ripsylvania, Staynes, The Eternal Land of Jong, Greater New Cassandra, Khadah, Mays Austrian Nation, Nigon, Raunch, BuciLand, Puelo, Oofery, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Sovietsoyuz, Technocratic Tagalog, SecularNorth, Tseriesiscoming, Filipopol, A mean old man, Coruh, Santa Dystopia, Nevertopia, Survivoristan, and Refuge Isle.