The African Republic of Mombombu
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The African Republic of Mombombu is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by President Imamu Mgumbe with an iron fist, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 15.392 billion Mombombuans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government is dominated by the Department of Defense, with Law & Order and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Malī. The average income tax rate is 93.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Mombombuan economy, worth a remarkable 5,061 trillion pulas a year, is fairly diversified and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, Gambling, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 328,843 pulas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Tax returns detail how many games of slots each citizen will be able to play with their refund, the government denies that it has an agency overseeing plausible deniability of black-ops agencies, Mombombu's army is full of two-metre tall super-soldiers, and super-powered zombies parade through the streets of Malī. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mombombu's national animal is the zebra, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Catholocism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mombombu was endorsed by The People's Republic of Free Republic of the Sahala.
- : Mombombu was endorsed by The Republic of Airtifae.
- : Mombombu updated the World Factbook entry in Africa.
- : Mombombu was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Senegambinea.
- : Mombombu was endorsed by The Republic of Republic of Bangova.
- : Following new legislation in Mombombu, super-powered zombies parade through the streets of Malī.
- : Following new legislation in Mombombu, Mombombu's army is full of two-metre tall super-soldiers.
- : Mombombu was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- : Following new legislation in Mombombu, the government denies that it has an agency overseeing plausible deniability of black-ops agencies.
- : Following new legislation in Mombombu, tax returns detail how many games of slots each citizen will be able to play with their refund.