The Peoples' Socialist Republic of Mizuni
“Don't you know there's a pandemic going on?”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Peoples' Socialist Republic of Mizuni is a gargantuan, cultured nation, renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 13.62 billion Mizuni are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ardenia. The average income tax rate is 95.8%.
The thriving Mizunan economy, worth a remarkable 1,480 trillion Dinars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 108,708 Dinars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It turns out that you actually can put a price on intangible cultural heritage, an alabaster statue of an ancient cat-deity takes pride of place in the centre of Ardenia, there's an aura of pseudoscience around academia, and elderly prisoners with severe dementia are reminded hourly that they are evil people by helpful nurse-wardens. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mizuni's national animal is the Mizu Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mizuni voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
- : Mizuni voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting People with Disabilities".
- : Following new legislation in Mizuni, elderly prisoners with severe dementia are reminded hourly that they are evil people by helpful nurse-wardens.
- : Following new legislation in Mizuni, there's an aura of pseudoscience around academia.
- : Following new legislation in Mizuni, an alabaster statue of an ancient cat-deity takes pride of place in the centre of Ardenia.
- : Following new legislation in Mizuni, it turns out that you actually can put a price on intangible cultural heritage.
- : Following new legislation in Mizuni, discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is illegal.
- : Mizuni was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Mizuni was endorsed by The Principality of Freavia.
- : Mizuni was endorsed by The Not Kenneth Branagh of Western Fardelshufflestein.
Endorsements Received: 53 » Aidenfieeld, Corgitopiaa, Marinho Islands, Holota, Amerion, Kandorith, Treir, Tepertopia, Qvait, Bleakfoot, Bawkie, Land Without Shrimp, New Briantown, Nowa Europa, Doundaly, Belschaft, PenguinPies, Wehraboos, Erinor, The Altan, WI SD EA D, Rebel-topia, Aumeltopia, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Beepee, Scu Greinne, Zataras, Farengeto, Purple Hyacinth, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Ebonhand, Volaworand, Proctethia, Sandaoguo, Bichedder, LadyRebels, Holy Free, Eskvenn, Libedistan, Westenhald, Ceutalia, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Moreana, Gonrati, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, The United Australian States, and 3 others.Western Fardelshufflestein, Freavia, and Ipugao.