The People's Republic of Misuvelia
“Audentes fortuna iuvat”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Nipper
The People's Republic of Misuvelia is a colossal, genial nation, remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, compulsory vegetarianism, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 5.053 billion Misuvelians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Misuvelia City. The average income tax rate is 96.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Misuvelian economy, worth 749 trillion guilders a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 148,403 guilders, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nationalised Arms Manufacturing Industry is not interested in making weapons, the comic book series 'Leader and the Villainous Corporate Cronies' is a best-seller, one tree's worth of paperwork accompanies each imported log of timber, and the government has spent days debating the merits of a petition calling for a ban on sporks. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Misuvelia's national animal is the sandgrouse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Taoism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Misuvelia's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Misuvelia's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Misuvelia's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Misuvelia's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Misuvelia was refounded in Osiris.
- : Misuvelia ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Misuvelia was endorsed by The Democratic Socialism of Nichigo Sebe.
- : Misuvelia was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ihsan.
- : Misuvelia was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Andexia.
- : Misuvelia was endorsed by The Confederacy of Eastern Cous Empria.