The Holy Clerics of Mishakel
“With Peace and Determination, All Is Possible”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: Ile de France
Regional Influence: Enforcer
The Holy Clerics of Mishakel is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Mish-Chan with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, national health service, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, cheerful population of 17.612 billion Mishakelians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Social Policy, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Centralia. The average income tax rate is 96.9%.
The thriving Mishakelian economy, worth a remarkable 1,946 trillion steels a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 110,504 steels, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Military strategists are questioning the wisdom of subsidizing the economies of sworn enemies, the government is hoping that medical aid will speak louder than human rights abuses, kids are taught in schools to argue with their parents, and the government officially wants you to slow down and speak more clearly. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mishakel's national animal is the rook, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mishakel's influence in Ile de France fell from "Powerbroker" to "Enforcer".
- : Mishakel's influence in Ile de France rose from "Enforcer" to "Powerbroker".
- : Mishakel's influence in Ile de France rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Mishakel's influence in Ile de France fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- : Mishakel was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Mishakel's influence in Ile de France fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Mishakel's influence in Ile de France rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Mishakel was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Mishakel was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Mishakel was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Safest.