The Rogue Nation of Mintynep
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Rogue Nation of Mintynep is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its public floggings, compulsory military service, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 239 million Neptunians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Administration, and Education. The average income tax rate is 66.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Neptunian economy, worth 6.75 trillion Shares a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 28,224 Shares, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Fashion models are guaranteed to be 100% genuinely as anorexic as they appear on magazine covers, an aboriginal talking stick is used for leaders' debates at election time, hostage-takers offer loyalty scheme points for prompt payment, and televangelists flaunt their expensive cars when they attend charity events. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mintynep's national animal is the Caet, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mintynep was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Danily.
- : Mintynep was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Solanosco.
- : Mintynep's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Following new legislation in Mintynep, televangelists flaunt their expensive cars when they attend charity events.
- : Following new legislation in Mintynep, hostage-takers offer loyalty scheme points for prompt payment.
- : Following new legislation in Mintynep, an aboriginal talking stick is used for leaders' debates at election time.
- : Following new legislation in Mintynep, fashion models are guaranteed to be 100% genuinely as anorexic as they appear on magazine covers.
- : Following new legislation in Mintynep, travelers are subject to extensive searches if beet stains are visible on their clothing.
- : Following new legislation in Mintynep, sailors spend their shore leave helping old ladies cross the street.
- : Following new legislation in Mintynep, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys.
Endorsements Received: 51 » Concrete Slab, Marinho Islands, Qvait, Purple Hyacinth, Drugged up Kitties, Erinor, Aidenfieeld, Corgitopiaa, Land Without Shrimp, Holota, Tepertopia, Scu Greinne, Crystal Creation, Volaworand, Beepee, New Goldman, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Belschaft, Aumeltopia, PenguinPies, Yeses, Treir, Rebel-topia, Ebonhand, Freedoom, Amerion, Wehraboos, Pencil Sharpeners 2, LadyRebels, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Kaoia, Jehenna, Bawkie, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, JavaSiege, Dalegreen, Farengeto, Kaleidescooptopia, Astiaveth, Rhetiaa, Tsvetania, Auphelia, Beblahbleblo, Eastern Mekong, North Prarie, Agletgreenia, Fighting Kawi Ninja, New Sanet, Solanosco, and 1 other.Danily.