The Most Serene Eco-Republic of Middle Barael
“Knowledge, Nature, Peace, and Order make a Golden Age”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Most Serene Eco-Republic of Middle Barael is a massive, genial nation, ruled by King Solomon and PM Marc Nuya with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, complete lack of prisons, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.495 billion Baraelim are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Scania. The average income tax rate is 98.1%.
The all-consuming Middle Baraelan economy, worth 548 trillion Shenars a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 122,053 Shenars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie, parties that are too noisy are broken up to prevent disturbing wildlife, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, and private pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are given away freely by the government. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Middle Barael's national animal is the Puma, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Omnism and Pluralism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Middle Barael was endorsed by The Betrygge Rāvenriket of Nordustra.
- : Middle Barael was endorsed by The Verdant Gardens of Prusmia.
- : Middle Barael was endorsed by The Stories of Oppressia FTDOF.
- : Middle Barael was endorsed by The Free Land of Zerphen.
- : Middle Barael was endorsed by The Organic Commonwealth of Uan aa Boa.
- : Following new legislation in Middle Barael, private pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are given away freely by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Middle Barael, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate.
- : Following new legislation in Middle Barael, parties that are too noisy are broken up to prevent disturbing wildlife.
- : Following new legislation in Middle Barael, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie.
- : Following new legislation in Middle Barael, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Ransium, Novian Republics, Window Land, Turbeaux, Lura, Anachronolandia, Ruinenlust, Ownzone, Effazio, Verdant Haven, Cat-Herders United, Pen Blanityion, Atsvea, Chan Island, Girelna, Tscharva, Hyon Delta, Canaltia, Roless, Ordand, The Void Territories, Chilledsville, Entitize, Terrabod, Kawastyselir, Love and Nature, Candlewhisper Archive, Kannap, Caterasia, Blue Nagia, The Cypher Nine, Zerkyr Xiszczy, New Ladavia, Cuillin, Fartsniffage, Kyratistani, Dasche, Santa Joanna, Bilsa, Rhodevus, Forest Virginia, Thrything, Greyveldt, Xaokova, The Most Serene Republicans, Metolius, Ironic Remarks, Kase, Rezkhazia, Sean Fiobha, and 13 others.Viencia, Jutsa, York Zionia, Daarwyrth, Galaxiak, Ithersta, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Talgarth, Uan aa Boa, Zerphen, Oppressia FTDOF, Prusmia, and Nordustra.