The Republic of Mesdonia
“For Honor, For Freedom, For Mesdonia.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Republic of Mesdonia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Mikhael Jovodik with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.167 billion Mesdonians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Turnik. The average income tax rate is 76.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Mesdonian economy, worth 138 trillion Meznovs a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 118,357 Meznovs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead, traffic cops spend most of their work-hours calculating citizens' monthly income, nobody is allowed to mention what religion terrorists follow, and the nation's mettle is about to be tested. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mesdonia's national animal is the Peregrine falcon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Mesdonia, the nation's mettle is about to be tested.
- : Following new legislation in Mesdonia, nobody is allowed to mention what religion terrorists follow.
- : Following new legislation in Mesdonia, traffic cops spend most of their work-hours calculating citizens' monthly income.
- : Following new legislation in Mesdonia, every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead.
- : Following new legislation in Mesdonia, political satirists and late night comedians weep as the government begins cleaning up its act.
- : Mesdonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate The Embassy"".
- : Mesdonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Gay Panic defense Ban".
- : Mesdonia was endorsed by The Principality of Alambar.
- : Mesdonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Mesdonia was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
Endorsements Received: 67 » Aidenfieeld, Amerion, Tepertopia, PenguinPies, New Briantown, Corgitopiaa, Erinor, Qvait, Wehraboos, Bartonia Nova, Samofia, Purple Hyacinth, Crystal Creation, Phanama, Bleakfoot, Land Without Shrimp, Farengeto, Eskvenn, Nowa Europa, Aumeltopia, Tsunamy, Ebonhand, Sandaoguo, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Beepee, Kandorith, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Volaworand, The Imperial Frost Federation, Wakandan Tribes, Zataras, Rebel-topia, Auphelia, Rotenaplistan, Rishiku, Treir, Synarion, Belschaft, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Wallechi, Truskawkoland, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Marinho Islands, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, and 17 others.Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Doge Land, Bichedder, Libedistan, Westenhald, New Belgrade, Sedunn, Bawkie, Gonrati, Noimosini, Herbert Island, The United Australian States, LadyRebels, Populaa, Ipugao, and Alambar.