The Republic of Melroy
“From Many, One”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Republic of Melroy is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 469 million Melroyians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 50.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Melroyian economy, worth 34.6 trillion dollars a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 73,773 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Snap elections are called over every minor impasse, footballers are doing aerobics in the sauna to build their hot weather endurance, schoolboys who turn to watch pretty girls go by are given detention, and students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Melroy's national animal is the Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Melroy was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Danily.
- : Melroy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Melroy was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Solanosco.
- : Melroy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens, Least Corrupt Governments, and Most Inclusive.
- : Following new legislation in Melroy, students are known to arrive at school in their pyjamas.
- : Following new legislation in Melroy, schoolboys who turn to watch pretty girls go by are given detention.
- : Following new legislation in Melroy, footballers are doing aerobics in the sauna to build their hot weather endurance.
- : Following new legislation in Melroy, snap elections are called over every minor impasse.
- : Following new legislation in Melroy, relations with Dàguó have warmed from frosty to chilly.
- : Following new legislation in Melroy, victims of crime are viewed as less trustworthy than politicians.
Endorsements Received: 65 » Tepertopia, Marinho Islands, Holota, Wehraboos, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Qvait, Beepee, Corgitopiaa, Land Without Shrimp, Bawkie, Aidenfieeld, Concrete Slab, PenguinPies, Shuckle Empire, Bleakfoot, Nowa Europa, Canmore, Sedunn, Scu Greinne, Rebel-topia, Belschaft, Volaworand, Aumeltopia, Jehenna, Erinor, Andinla, New Belgrade, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Blondiesland, Tughampton, Ralphburg, Gonrati, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Farengeto, Wakandan Tribes, Purple Hyacinth, Ipugao, Treir, Breizlovakia, Ebonhand, Yeses, Amerion, Crystal Creation, LadyRebels, Dai Han, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Ceutalia, Kringalia, Sandaoguo, Kaoia, and 15 others.JavaSiege, Dalegreen, Podunkia, Kaleidescooptopia, Astiaveth, Tsvetania, Auphelia, Beblahbleblo, Rhetiaa, Agletgreenia, Eastern Mekong, North Prarie, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Solanosco, and Danily.