The United Kingdom of Medicnation
“Healthcare for some”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The United Kingdom of Medicnation is a massive, genial nation, notable for its anti-smoking policies, pith helmet sales, and ubiquitous missile silos. The compassionate, democratic population of 4.632 billion Medicnationians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Manchester. The average income tax rate is 93.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Medicnationian economy, worth 679 trillion Pounds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 146,594 Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Medicnation's radio stations, fixing attendance at women's matches is a matter of "when they go low, we go high... funding", and advert breaks are played at lower volumes to make them easier to ignore. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Medicnation's national animal is the Yael, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Medicnation was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Safest and the Top 5% for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Medicnation was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Following new legislation in Medicnation, advert breaks are played at lower volumes to make them easier to ignore.
- : Medicnation was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Following new legislation in Medicnation, fixing attendance at women's matches is a matter of "when they go low, we go high... funding".
- : Medicnation was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Safest.
- : Following new legislation in Medicnation, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Medicnation's radio stations.
- : Following new legislation in Medicnation, drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web.
- : Medicnation was endorsed by The Serene Land of The United Australian States.
- : Following new legislation in Medicnation, there's an aura of pseudoscience around academia.
Endorsements Received: 90 » Erinor, Volaworand, USNE2018, Tsunamy, Beepee, Rebel-topia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Linguiniland, Aumeltopia, Kringalia, Farengeto, Sandaoguo, Kandorith, Sedunn, Land Without Shrimp, Xandev, Wehraboos, Qvait, Dasko, Drugged Monkeys, Amerion, The Solar System Scope, Hanguk-Nippon, Aurcania, Maeiland, New Briantown, Mapico, Direwolf1, Bear Connors Paradiso, Aidenfieeld, Bleakfoot, PenguinPies, Darakin, Bawkie, Terran Draconia, Baltenlands, The Filippinas, Ebonhand, West Pastafaria, Turks of The Eastern Calculus, Anserisa, Techganet, Marinho Islands, Shefino, Auphelia, Springhollow, Compli, Laamiva, Corgitopiaa, Belschaft, and 40 others.Myness, Midand, Royaltica, Andinla, Concrete Slab, Tepertopia, Phanama, Merevane, Purple Hyacinth, Bartonia Nova, Alfama, Zataras, Nowa Europa, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Apartment 11F, Rotenaplistan, The Imperial Frost Federation, Treir, Synarion, Wakandan Tribes, Levistian, Wallechi, Holota, Qawe, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Scu Greinne, Conexia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Bichedder, Eskvenn, Libedistan, Westenhald, Carrelie, Gonrati, New Belgrade, Dai Han, The United Australian States, and Ipugao.