The Empire of Archinia of McNernia
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: Greater Dienstad
Regional Influence: Truckler
The Empire of Archinia of McNernia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by PM Uasalgeal Caoirigh with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, otherworldly petting zoo, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 21.004 billion Archinians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cathcride. The average income tax rate is 42.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient McNernian economy, worth a remarkable 5,785 trillion Coroins a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 275,468 Coroins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Shady doctors seem to have impeccable records, the subway is dead quiet in early afternoons, thieves find battery shops juicier targets than banks, and bike rage is all the rage. Crime is totally unknown. McNernia's national animal is the Stag, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Celtic Rite Church.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : McNernia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Following new legislation in McNernia, bike rage is all the rage.
- : Following new legislation in McNernia, thieves find battery shops juicier targets than banks.
- : Following new legislation in McNernia, the subway is dead quiet in early afternoons.
- : Following new legislation in McNernia, shady doctors seem to have impeccable records.
- : McNernia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Following new legislation in McNernia, visions of giant pink Stags are a common side effect after Archinians eat their meals.
- : Following new legislation in McNernia, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting.
- : Following new legislation in McNernia, the country's motorways are surprisingly quiet.
- : McNernia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Lamoni.