The People's Republic of Maxuus
“Nůs somos os pobres! Nůs somos o povo!”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Location: The Communist Bloc
Regional Influence: Sprat
The People's Republic of Maxuus is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Comrade Maximo with a fair hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.725 billion Maxuusians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Maximogrado. The average income tax rate is 81.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Maxuusian economy, worth 241 trillion Maxiums a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Book Publishing. Average income is 88,504 Maxiums, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Basket-weaving is the nation's latest fad, "Mad Max: Returning Again to Barrydrome" is this year's unexpected summer blockbuster, television characters who ask how someone's doing are charged with harassment, and maximum security fish farms leave caged salmon pining for the fjords. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Maxuus's national animal is the Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Maxuus, maximum security fish farms leave caged salmon pining for the fjords.
- : Following new legislation in Maxuus, television characters who ask how someone's doing are charged with harassment.
- : Following new legislation in Maxuus, "Mad Max: Returning Again to Barrydrome" is this year's unexpected summer blockbuster.
- : Following new legislation in Maxuus, basket-weaving is the nation's latest fad.
- : Following new legislation in Maxuus, the government is ignoring the latest terrorist atrocities in Maximogrado for fear of causing a fuss.
- : Following new legislation in Maxuus, enemy navies sail within bombardment range of major coastal cities with impunity.
- : Following new legislation in Maxuus, foreign leaders' Twitcher accounts are monitored for potential threats to national security.
- : Following new legislation in Maxuus, soldiers on first dates introduce themselves only by their ranks and serial numbers.
- : Maxuus endorsed The Democratic Republic of Gedzhiktiridzhistan.
- : Maxuus voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
Endorsements Received: 19 » Marxmeans, Arsa, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Illeron, Shamian, Kethania, GreatUnion of Soviet Socialist Republics, The Union of Malaysian Socialists, Bibliophilius, Mazovian Proletarians, Kahira el-Mubaraka, Theria Han, Red nation state, Jutlop, New Astri, Akasaka Sad, Karelianastan, Socialist Heronia, and Gedzhiktiridzhistan.