The Imperial Federation of Marrum Graecia
“Eleftheria I Thanatos - Liberty or Death!”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Imperial Federation of Marrum Graecia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by HIM Emperor Constantine III with an even hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, anti-smoking policies, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, devout population of 11.594 billion Marrum Graecians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Athinai. The average income tax rate is 95.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Marrum Graecian economy, worth a remarkable 2,026 trillion Second Greek Drachmas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 174,745 Second Greek Drachmas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Candidates make campaign speeches at the funerals of former rivals, both criminals and civilians are DOA, a common response to government PSAs is "well, DUH, obviously", and carpet bombing has decimated Brasilistan's landscape and population. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Marrum Graecia's national animal is the Dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Graecianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Marrum Graecia was endorsed by The Federation of Ausvelt.
- : Marrum Graecia was endorsed by The Republic of Polis Ortigia.
- : Marrum Graecia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Marrum Graecia's influence in Europe rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Following new legislation in Marrum Graecia, carpet bombing has decimated Brasilistan's landscape and population.
- : Following new legislation in Marrum Graecia, a common response to government PSAs is "well, DUH, obviously".
- : Following new legislation in Marrum Graecia, both criminals and civilians are DOA.
- : Following new legislation in Marrum Graecia, candidates make campaign speeches at the funerals of former rivals.
- : Marrum Graecia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Elysium Station II".
- : Marrum Graecia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "The Commission on Sentient and sapient rights".
Endorsements Received: 39 » Kalebo, Invernessia, Eppur, Elisabethshagen, United States of Russia1, Kaspinia, GanymedEuropa, Rary, Irminsulia, Nyvunnland, Eco-Paris Reformation, Nghymru, Thracia Republic, North of Americas, Northern German Federation, Berlin and Hanover, Kanokla, Burvenchkaht, The Champions League, Jim the Baptist, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Dark Matter, Sicheslav, St Scarlett, Agausia, Meropis, Nardin, New Eestiball, Seoulite, Yahlia, Thracia and Crimea, Zelenskraine, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Galicia-Podolia, Imperium Anglorum, Regnum Italiae, Jahass, Polis Ortigia, and Ausvelt.