The Empire of Marogama
“It was never meant be”
|Category: Corrupt Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Empire of Marogama is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, frequent executions, and irreverence towards religion. The cynical, devout population of 487 million Marogamen are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Spirituality. The average income tax rate is 71.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Marogaman economy, worth 10.8 trillion kronor a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 22,115 kronor, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The police strictly enforce off-limit zones for tourists, shady doctors seem to have impeccable records, every week is blindness awareness week, and anti-vaxxers claim that injected children are prone to psychotic breaks when they see the 'Queen of Diamonds' playing card. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Marogama's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Marogama was ejected from the WA for rule violations.
- : Marogama's influence in Oatland rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Marogama's influence in Oatland rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Following new legislation in Marogama, anti-vaxxers claim that injected children are prone to psychotic breaks when they see the 'Queen of Diamonds' playing card.
- : Marogama's influence in Oatland rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Marogama voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Minineenee".
- : Marogama's influence in Oatland rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Marogama was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Marogama relocated from Eetrador to Oatland.
- : Marogama endorsed The Immaculate Sovereignty of Signum Crucis.