The Republic of Marktrah
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Location: The Order of the Grey Wardens
Regional Influence: Vassal
The Republic of Marktrah is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Markus Monroe with an even hand, and remarkable for its smutty television, avant-garde cinema, and soft-spoken computers. The hard-nosed population of 1.475 billion Marktrahians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Whitebridge. The average income tax rate is 76.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Marktrahian economy, worth 232 trillion Denariis a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 157,735 Denariis, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The sound of wooden legs echo throughout Marktrah after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax, blind dates reemerge as a necessary evil in the quest for love, meat-eating is frowned upon, and bizarre-looking creatures called 'Liondogs' dominate wildlife preserves. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Marktrah's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Holy Celtic Church.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Marktrah was endorsed by The Kingdom of Far Worvyna.
- : Following new legislation in Marktrah, bizarre-looking creatures called 'Liondogs' dominate wildlife preserves.
- : Following new legislation in Marktrah, meat-eating is frowned upon.
- : Following new legislation in Marktrah, blind dates reemerge as a necessary evil in the quest for love.
- : Following new legislation in Marktrah, the sound of wooden legs echo throughout Marktrah after the recent introduction of the Foot Tax.
- : Following new legislation in Marktrah, every workday begins with group therapy.
- : Following new legislation in Marktrah, Marktrahian farm salmon are known for being both horribly diseased and remarkably acrobatic.
- : Following new legislation in Marktrah, the government has officially clarified that "wee on your hands to save time" does not count as proper hygiene.
- : Following new legislation in Marktrah, politicians are often found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income.
- : Following new legislation in Marktrah, park rangers perform full-body searches on suspected fungus smugglers.
Endorsements Received: 41 » The Czarist States of Russia, Seou, FenrirGrayBack, Utel, Vongo Kingdom, Narue, Creusal, Filipino Union, Roberto Garcia, Sereytopia, The United States of Krypton, UNSEA, Nootnootnootnoot, Agents safe space, Marcitedva, Kazern, Germanyboys, The theocratic Republic, The United States of Lebanon, Azertyuio, Socra, Nonait, The Nowhere King, Westerly Republic, Leybgorot, Dogeterra, Avancias, Dorne Cheenzer, Aparition, Turinese Empire, Aserlandia, Reagan, Gran Rolia, Saint Tomas and the Northern Ice Islands, Agritania, Puerto Rico y Cuba, Staos Cral the Dawn, The Carefully Concerned Cashiers, Benevolent Thomas, Soviet Nationwide Dictatorship, and Far Worvyna.