The Oppressed Peoples of Market-81
“The End of All Things”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Envoy
The Oppressed Peoples of Market-81 is a huge, pleasant nation, notable for its burgeoning Tim population. The hard-working population of 822 million Market-81ians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 21.8%.
The Market-81ian economy, worth 33.4 trillion Latinums a year, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Retail, Tourism, and Information Technology. Average income is 40,692 Latinums, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is relatively low, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Market-81's national animal is the Tim.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Market-81's influence in ImpLand rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Market-81's influence in ImpLand rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Market-81's influence in ImpLand rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Market-81's influence in ImpLand rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Market-81 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Market-81's influence in ImpLand rose from "Zero" to "Vassal".
- : Market-81 was endorsed by The Colony of Tr3nch.
- : Market-81 endorsed The Colony of Tr3nch.
- : Market-81 was endorsed by The Grace and Precision of Oaks 121.
- : Market-81 endorsed The Grace and Precision of Oaks 121.