The Most Serene Republic of Margila Islands
“A republic if you can keep it”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Page
The Most Serene Republic of Margila Islands is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, absence of drug laws, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 995 million Margila Islanders hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Amsterdam. The average income tax rate is 70.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Margila Islandian economy, worth 97.8 trillion Guilders a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is 98,287 Guilders, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes, science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous, there's a literal nanny state for the legions of children taken by social services, and jury selection begins with explaining what a jury is. Crime is totally unknown. Margila Islands's national animal is the Behemoth, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Margila Islands voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Following new legislation in Margila Islands, jury selection begins with explaining what a jury is.
- : Following new legislation in Margila Islands, there's a literal nanny state for the legions of children taken by social services.
- : Following new legislation in Margila Islands, science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous.
- : Margila Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Following new legislation in Margila Islands, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes.
- : Margila Islands was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Following new legislation in Margila Islands, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables.
- : Following new legislation in Margila Islands, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- : Margila Islands was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Influential.
Endorsements Received: 154 » Qvait, Corgitopiaa, Amerion, Tsunamy, Marinho Islands, Erinor, Aidenfieeld, Land Without Shrimp, Phanama, Bleakfoot, Bawkie, Treir, Wehraboos, Nowa Europa, PenguinPies, Aumeltopia, The White Isles, Andinla, Volaworand, Tepertopia, Xergiokia, Synarion, Ebonhand, Jehenna, Pamela And Hepatitis, Ralphburg, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, Seliyan progressive Islands, Lionstrapower, Sanden, Soem, Auphelia, Isokenzar, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Purple Hyacinth, Drystar, The Two Jerseys, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Nori Natto, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, Abarri, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Antarctic Empires, Sedunn, Rebel-topia, Belschaft, The Solar System Scope, Trotkys paradise, Bear Connors Paradiso, and 104 others.Wakandan Tribes, Not Austria, Kiasu-ism, The United Expanse, Ceutalia, Truskawkoland, New Goldman, Farengeto, Rad Asia, Myness, Scu Greinne, Noire Denholm, RestartAll, Holota, Unojo, USNE2018, WI SD EA D, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, Blondiesland, The West Valley Mountains, Myhomecountry, Nova Montron, Qawe, Maximvs Tarvgvs Rex, Eskvenn, Kandorith, Blaash, LadyRebels, Direwolf1, Holy Free, Privatore, Indolos, Euro Pacifica, Berlana, FreeFishers, A leftover country, The naked people, Southern Numenor, Turks of The Eastern Calculus, Shuckle Empire, Tsvetania, The Altan, Sapientiano, Ancient Slobovia, Transtemporal Shifts, Seythennia, Yeses, North Catimestistrianes, Enplatia, Hakk Fiss, Centristvill, Drucar, Levistian, Xenianianopia, Beepee, St Oaks, Pax Dracon, Maeiland, Concrete Slab, Carthatska, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Oxyliteral, Kafeine, Los Lonley Boys, Sandaoguo, Page 53, Iym Winterless, Western Fardelshufflestein, Steviland, Doss Kingly, Cypheri, Lantzalot, Cuuldere, Dereistic, Carrelie, Bod Zarth Throge, Greater Scottdascoda, Libedistan, Westenhald, Ipugao, Gonrati, The United Australian States, Hypersensible Crybabies, Hong Kong Kowloon and New Territories, Kaoia, Noimosini, JavaSiege, Freedoom, Kaleidescooptopia, Rhetiaa, Wanoria, Beblahbleblo, Agletgreenia, Eastern Mekong, Solanosco, Danily, Esfalsa, Drew Durrnil, Vicken, Nyxonia, The Kies, Bizzie, Kiani, and Anatasha.