The Dominion of Malonlandia
“Sic semper democratiam”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Dominion of Malonlandia is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, lack of airports, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, devout population of 759 million Malonlandians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ste Malonia. The average income tax rate is 70.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Malonlandian economy, worth 62.8 trillion Maldollars a year, is quite specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 82,732 Maldollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Tourists need only sign on the dotted line to become citizens, the government prides itself on being smug and condescending to idiots, children often explain to their parents that the Mega Ultimate Sword Fist was worth the thousand-Maldollar charge on their phone bill, and manufacturers of biodegradable plastics have to wait for months to show evidence of organic decomposition. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Malonlandia's national animal is the Platypus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Malonlandia was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Malonlandia was endorsed by The Serene Land of The United Australian States.
- : Malonlandia was endorsed by The Holy Communist Space Empire of The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society.
- : Malonlandia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Malonlandia was endorsed by The Himalayan Field Rat Paradise of Gonrati.
- : Following new legislation in Malonlandia, manufacturers of biodegradable plastics have to wait for months to show evidence of organic decomposition.
- : Following new legislation in Malonlandia, children often explain to their parents that the Mega Ultimate Sword Fist was worth the thousand-Maldollar charge on their phone bill.
- : Following new legislation in Malonlandia, the government prides itself on being smug and condescending to idiots.
- : Following new legislation in Malonlandia, tourists need only sign on the dotted line to become citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Malonlandia, skateboarding is considered a form of diplomacy.
Endorsements Received: 68 » Wehraboos, Volaworand, Qvait, Corgitopiaa, Amerion, Canmore, Tsunamy, Tepertopia, Erinor, Aidenfieeld, Land Without Shrimp, Phanama, Nowa Europa, Marinho Islands, Treir, Bleakfoot, Bawkie, PenguinPies, Jehenna, Rebel-topia, Scu Greinne, Andinla, Belschaft, Wallechi, Auphelia, Playing Pianos Filled With Flames, Bartonia Nova, Ceutalia, Purple Hyacinth, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Farengeto, Zataras, Linguiniland, Aumeltopia, Holota, Qawe, Eskvenn, Kandorith, The Altan, Seythennia, Death to democracy, Levistian, Beepee, Conexia, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Ebonhand, Sandaoguo, Bichedder, LadyRebels, and 18 others.WI SD EA D, Doge Land, Yeses, Greater Scottdascoda, Enplatia, Ipugao, Libedistan, Westenhald, New Belgrade, House Ahsanul, Sedunn, Carrelie, Direwolf1, Ralphburg, Tughampton, Gonrati, The SpaceNeo-Goryeo Etymological Society, and The United Australian States.