The Democratic Republic of Mallarshia
“The world is quiet here.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Democratic Republic of Mallarshia is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies and compulsory military service. The compassionate, hard-working, devout population of 215 million Mallarshians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 32.5%.
The strong Mallarshian economy, worth 12.2 trillion Yenoms a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. Average income is 56,558 Yenoms, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
Foreign policy is mostly just to smile and hope for the best, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, songs in 4/4 time are simply too common for the musical cognoscenti, and all writing must pass a censorship board before being allowed on the shelves. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mallarshia's national animal is the Calico Cat.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mallarshia was endorsed by The High Court Justice of Ebonhand.
- : Mallarshia was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Ipugao.
- : Following new legislation in Mallarshia, all writing must pass a censorship board before being allowed on the shelves.
- : Following new legislation in Mallarshia, songs in 4/4 time are simply too common for the musical cognoscenti.
- : Following new legislation in Mallarshia, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- : Following new legislation in Mallarshia, foreign policy is mostly just to smile and hope for the best.
- : Following new legislation in Mallarshia, more and more people are signing up for the government party.
- : Mallarshia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Northern Borland"".
- : Mallarshia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Whistleblower Protection Act".
- : Mallarshia was endorsed by The Merry Poppyns of 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121.
Endorsements Received: 40 » Qvait, Erinor, Tepertopia, Concrete Slab, Corgitopiaa, Marinho Islands, Holota, Land Without Shrimp, Nowa Europa, Central German Empire, Purple Hyacinth, Bawkie, Bleakfoot, Treir, Beepee, Jehenna, Wehraboos, Scu Greinne, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Aumeltopia, Bichedder, PenguinPies, Farengeto, Rebel-topia, Tsunamy, Aidenfieeld, Conexia, Holy Free, Amerion, Belschaft, Death to democracy, Libedistan, Westenhald, Sedunn, New Belgrade, Gonrati, Volaworand, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Ipugao, and Ebonhand.