The Republic of Malazga
Location: Artificial Solar System
Regional Influence: Nipper
The Republic of Malazga is a massive, socially progressive nation, notable for its rum-swilling pirates, daily referendums, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-working, democratic population of 2.657 billion Malazgans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The relatively small, corrupt, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Welfare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 25.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Malazgan economy, worth 385 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Soda Sales industry, with major contributions from Retail, Gambling, and Information Technology. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is an impressive 144,954 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.7 times as much as the poorest.
Looting and pillaging are now considered vital intelligence-gathering activities, the Hanging Gardens account for half of Malazga City's water use, refugees from other nations are flocking to Malazga's border, and turnstile jumpers grow up to be tax cheats. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Malazga's national animal is the owl, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Malazga's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Malazga applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Malazga resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Malazga relocated from The Steppes to Artificial Solar System.
- : Malazga's influence in The Steppes rose from "Zero" to "Handshaker".
- : Malazga relocated from Artificial Solar System to The Steppes.
- : Malazga was endorsed by The Republic of Blind Fauxia.
- : Malazga was endorsed by The Minimalist Series of Oaks 155.
- : Malazga was endorsed by The Texture and Seasoning of Wow Thats Good.
- : Malazga endorsed The Minimalist Series of Oaks 155.