The Commonwealth of Mainze
“In something we just might trust.”
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Commonwealth of Mainze is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Noble Leader with a fair hand, and renowned for its infamous sell-swords, sprawling nuclear power plants, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 11.74 billion Mainzeans live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, corrupt, pro-business government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mainze City. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Mainzean economy, worth a remarkable 4,714 trillion Dollars a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 401,547 Dollars, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,529,233 per year while the poor average 73,028, a ratio of 20.9 to 1.
Meals are now followed by thirty minutes of mandatory exercise, ministers browse Alright! magazine for fashion tips, the well-to-do in Lazarus are never on time for important appointments, and the tenet of free speech is held dear. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Mainze's national animal is the Aardvark, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is an obscure religion that has no name.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mainze voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Europeia"".
- : Mainze voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "National Economic Freedoms"".
- : Following new legislation in Mainze, the tenet of free speech is held dear.
- : Following new legislation in Mainze, the well-to-do in Lazarus are never on time for important appointments.
- : Following new legislation in Mainze, ministers browse Alright! magazine for fashion tips.
- : Following new legislation in Mainze, meals are now followed by thirty minutes of mandatory exercise.
- : Following new legislation in Mainze, there's a big brother in every prison.
- : Mainze was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Mainze was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Mainze was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
Endorsements Received: 75 » Treadwellia, Saundie, New Rogernomics, Courlany, Aigania, Greygard, Denado, Ni Hon, Axixic, Perchan, Burning Pants, Caybow, The New California Republic, Rommanda, Guiness Freaks, The Sigometh Dynasty, Custadia, Flurf, Manaric, Marcellinople, Zetaopalatopia, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Auralon, Aaecilia, Darcaethir, Nova Zemlya, Leonism, Issrak-om, Praenestia, The Islands of Colwell, Wishper, TypoTech, Silver Minner, Nucular, Pepper Island Democratica Freeland Papri, Debussy, Surd, Wassily Universal Rifling Company, Steel Vagabonds, The Gelseen Hegemony, Kryansk, Fluffiness, Proletarianssss, Xalivstonia, Americastrailia, Saint Alaric, Fortytipper, Black pinewood, Titana Drago, Islayth, and 25 others.Falconhedge, Enkowshe, Democratic North Korea, Japba, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Alf53, Flasankia, The Free States of The North, Nimaric, Calicate, Greater East Portage, Illen Falis, Brrrrr, Malororia, RedBrickLand, Irrepertus, Ottokratland, The united kingdom of new israel, Greater Gyelidor, Suvmia, Svarnland, Ichigo Republic, Paline, Calption, and Extrememeasures.