The Kingdom of Magrinia
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: the Rejected Realms
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Kingdom of Magrinia is a massive, cultured nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, keen interest in outer space, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed population of 3.507 billion Magrinians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Crowmountain dugongorum. The average income tax rate is 73.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Magrinian economy, worth 503 trillion mags a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 143,465 mags, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
There's never enough space in space, airplane passengers who purchase "basic economy" tickets are often assigned seats in the lavatory, Renaissance frescos are being chiselled off public walls, and owning a fishing rod can cause you to be subject to military questioning. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Magrinia's national animal is the dugongo, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Magrinia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes and the Top 10% for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Following new legislation in Magrinia, owning a fishing rod can cause you to be subject to military questioning.
- : Following new legislation in Magrinia, Renaissance frescos are being chiselled off public walls.
- : Following new legislation in Magrinia, airplane passengers who purchase "basic economy" tickets are often assigned seats in the lavatory.
- : Following new legislation in Magrinia, there's never enough space in space.
- : Following new legislation in Magrinia, battlefield gains are quickly lost when enemies don't respect a time-out.
- : Following new legislation in Magrinia, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars.
- : Following new legislation in Magrinia, self-driving cars obey the road rules even during emergencies.
- : Following new legislation in Magrinia, the government loves seeing the little people fight.
- : Magrinia was endorsed by The Federation of Ulslur.
Endorsements Received: 47 » Andromeda Islands, Emeseses, Capitalist Paradise, Sarotte, Panormia, Aandruzognivia, Volsar, Euroanatolian Greece, Florin, Melon feud, Byzant, Thuringia Reich, North Comunist Awelanius, Aggro, Aqueira, OspasiA, Thus Sprach Zarathustra, Zerentopia, Farrakhan, Perfect Sublime Masters, Rubian Empire, Unibot III, Delight, Zavea, Raj7765, FiTzGEraLdLAnD, Yoshiterra, Greater-Syria, Cyrtenes, Collosuss, Xyloqua, Greater Cesnica, Visionary Union, Rushkaland, Razorback, Nation of Urie, Gozira, Beezertopia, Arinteriswith, Doormat to the Lord, Black Hawk Raider Refugees, A Leaf on the Wind, United Libor Lefunkistan, The Horror Channel, Kaiserreich Subreddit, Makdon, and Ulslur.