The Assembly and Demos of Madrocea
“Ευημερία ανήκει σε όλους (Prosperity Belongs to All)”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Assembly and Demos of Madrocea is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by President Carol Trajan with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, barren, inhospitable landscape, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 22.145 billion Madroceans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cardalia. The average income tax rate is 1.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Madrocean economy, worth a remarkable 4,925 trillion Atlantean Drachmas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 222,405 Atlantean Drachmas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A new generation of aquariumless hotels are being built under government supervision, arbitration is mightier than the sword, truncheon-mounted cameras record the beating of criminals in dynamic HD detail, and M-SPAN viewership drops as MPs act their age. Crime is relatively low. Madrocea's national animal is the Raven, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Madrocea voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Madrocea voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Madrocea approved the World Assembly proposal "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Madrocea approved the World Assembly proposal "Freedom Of Association".
- : Madrocea voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
- : Madrocea lodged a message on the Atlantis Regional Message Board.
- : Madrocea voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Marrabuk".
- : Madrocea approved the World Assembly proposal "Commend Marrabuk".
- : Madrocea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Madrocea voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".