The Empire of M U R F
“Per Bellum Aedificabatur”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Location: New Normandy
Regional Influence: Eminence Grise
The Empire of M U R F is a huge, orderly nation, ruled by Ronald Drake with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, keen interest in outer space, and hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 848 million Murfs are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Drakeville. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 35.5%.
The very strong Murfian economy, worth 63.0 trillion Units a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Woodchip Exports, and Information Technology. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 74,276 Units, with the richest citizens earning 6.9 times as much as the poorest.
Soldiers have a preference for fire-and-forget payloads, it is illegal to brush crumbs off your clothing outdoors, drowning sailors are hung out to dry, and pawn shop reality shows dominate basic cable. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. M U R F's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in M U R F, pawn shop reality shows dominate basic cable.
- : Following new legislation in M U R F, drowning sailors are hung out to dry.
- : Following new legislation in M U R F, it is illegal to brush crumbs off your clothing outdoors.
- : Following new legislation in M U R F, soldiers have a preference for fire-and-forget payloads.
- : Following new legislation in M U R F, not showing enough enthusiasm for mutual assured destruction is a court-martial offence.
- : M U R F was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens and the Top 10% for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Following new legislation in M U R F, getting a haircut is a punishable offence.
- : Following new legislation in M U R F, water fights now end with thousands dead.
- : Following new legislation in M U R F, the nation's new Mylab space station is notorious for being the loneliest place above the planet.
- : Following new legislation in M U R F, edutainment video games are taking M U R F's students to the next level.
Endorsements Received: None.