The Kingdom of Lyonheimer
“Deo pro Patria”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Squire
The Kingdom of Lyonheimer is a huge, genial nation, remarkable for its daily referendums, frequent executions, and suspicion of poets. The democratic population of 335 million Lyonheimermens have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Judapest. The average income tax rate is 68.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Lyonheimerian economy, worth 10.3 trillion Lyonheimerish Fornits a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Door-to-door Insurance Sales industry, with significant contributions from Gambling and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 30,650 Lyonheimerish Fornits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Biology and religious education classes have recently been merged, thousands of children die every day from easily curable illnesses, the sick and dying are locked in their homes with a red "X" painted on the front door, and nothing gets the party jumping like Leader specifying how high. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lyonheimer's national animal is the Turul, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Lyonheimer, nothing gets the party jumping like Leader specifying how high.
- : Following new legislation in Lyonheimer, the sick and dying are locked in their homes with a red "X" painted on the front door.
- : Lyonheimer's influence in Anteria rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Lyonheimer was endorsed by The Royal Rumble of Turpir Hoes.
- : Lyonheimer endorsed The Guild Republic of Polder Eiland.
- : Lyonheimer was endorsed by The Guild Republic of Polder Eiland.
- : Lyonheimer endorsed The Free Land of Latvia and Saaremaa.
- : Lyonheimer voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Following new legislation in Lyonheimer, thousands of children die every day from easily curable illnesses.
- : Following new legislation in Lyonheimer, biology and religious education classes have recently been merged.
Endorsements Received: 36 » Kentalis, Fallooplesburg, Hatstheput, Halsuntria, Whitmarche, Abjekistan, Amrelia, Wellsenfaile, Lesser Velutaria, New Sebronia, The New Bulgarian Order, Southern Velutaria, Regauria, Foxomexra, Nerany, Prybourne, Gadorien, Montecaro, Valcouria, Kistolia, Horizen Islands, Gran Rugido, Greater Efrafa, Senshen, Plattinum, Iwonia, Gavrilia, Junterland, Blechingia, Encessia, Kinoko, Torvon, The Trilla Gang Mafia, Sab Demenr, Polder Eiland, and Turpir Hoes.