The Republic of Lyallpur
“By The People For The People”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Page
The Republic of Lyallpur is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Cortana with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, prohibition of alcohol, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.791 billion Lyallpurians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Faisalabad. The average income tax rate is 73.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Lyallpurian economy, worth 213 trillion dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 119,323 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Funerals are often rudely interrupted by juggling clowns shouting for volunteers from the audience, the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events, married couples must call each other "darling" or risk a fine, and Lyallpur is notorious for its citizens' infidelity. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lyallpur's national animal is the Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lyallpur was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Following new legislation in Lyallpur, Lyallpur is notorious for its citizens' infidelity.
- : Following new legislation in Lyallpur, married couples must call each other "darling" or risk a fine.
- : Following new legislation in Lyallpur, the nation is experiencing a severe shortage of sporting events.
- : Following new legislation in Lyallpur, funerals are often rudely interrupted by juggling clowns shouting for volunteers from the audience.
- : Following new legislation in Lyallpur, retiring citizens are dragged away in the middle of the night by mysterious men in black suits.
- : Lyallpur was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Lyallpur endorsed The Fifth Dual Republics of Kanokla.
- : Lyallpur endorsed The Imperial State of Iberia of NorthPortugal.
- : Lyallpur was endorsed by The Republic of Limburgvolk.
Endorsements Received: 123 » Saint Domingo, Thracia Republic, Quentenia, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Yahlia, Jim the Baptist, Republic of Satherland, Dark Matter, Northern German Federation, Stromia, Regnum Italiae, St Scarlett, Elisabethshagen, Irminsulia, The New Nordic Union, Neuchateau, Walfo, Imperium Anglorum, Super Happy Land, IllyrianAlbania, The Wretched of this Earth, Monte Naranja, The Mongol Plain, Pilipinas and Malaya, Bohomo, Outer Sparta, Lord Sapre, Slavorussia, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, Feria-Alkaline, Eritei, Alsted, Galway-Dublin, An Clar, Brakanistan, Greater Tomland, Trixeland, Shagolaa, The Fair Republic, Supcotia, Prussian-Union, GanymedEuropa, Continental Social Democrats, The Champions League, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Invernessia, Someseni, Shaor, Liberal Federal Republic Germany, Evergreen Keys, and 73 others.Socialist Soviet Armenia, Chronus, Savinecross, Chioganah, Kalifer and Baska, Nardin, Northwest Isles, Wombelland, Destyntine, Slavonia and Srijem, The-British-Isles, Durlia, Sloburg, Carignanum, Bareu, Lovisa, Leranditale, Scravovia, North of Americas, Velosia, Castelblancia, Othenhiem, The Seven Provinces, Ausvelt, Thils, Socialist Balkans, Abject Ludicrosity, The Kingdom of Denmark, Canovium, Terdiatlans, Jahass, Mons Graupius, Ventelia, Serbia-Macebonia, Imperium Germaniae, Diets, Rotenstein, Grodisze, Leiningerland, Apollonivm, Vieternozsk, Sienkahn, Alternan, Hafrsa, Viktorias, Romana Imperium de Italia, Weltbeherrschung, United Engiresco, Egyptian Mamluk Sultanate, Desibia, Caoripp, Lieges, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Azitupia, Apabeossie, Enway, Meropis, Rivierenland, Drew Durrnil, Crestphalia, Dizgovzy, Pavaludia, Acaduil, Owlograd, The New Mexican Confederation, Migurson, The States of Texas and Arkansas, NorthPortugal, The Scandinavian Realm, Boldia, Nea Europa, Kanokla, and The Young Ur.