The Commonwealth of Lotrisia
“Fortitude through Unity”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Location: the South Pacific
Regional Influence: Sprat
The Commonwealth of Lotrisia is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 503 million Lotrisians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Victoria. The average income tax rate is 57.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Lotrisian economy, worth 33.2 trillion Credits a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 65,934 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Environmental legislation occurs cyclically, tourists outnumber citizens two to one, vital intelligence-gathering activities are put on hold as agents return home for seduction training and advanced poker instruction, and there have been reports of people marrying housepets. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lotrisia's national animal is the Lotrisian Tree Snake, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lotrisia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Following new legislation in Lotrisia, there have been reports of people marrying housepets.
- : Following new legislation in Lotrisia, vital intelligence-gathering activities are put on hold as agents return home for seduction training and advanced poker instruction.
- : Lotrisia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry and Most Income Equality.
- : Following new legislation in Lotrisia, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.
- : Following new legislation in Lotrisia, environmental legislation occurs cyclically.
- : Following new legislation in Lotrisia, reporters who negatively comment on politicians' haircuts are cut from the news.
- : Following new legislation in Lotrisia, government employees have reverted to carrier pigeon due to never-ending virus scans.
- : Lotrisia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather and Most Cultured.
- : Lotrisia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Lily".
Endorsements Received: 51 » Qvait, Corgitopiaa, Marinho Islands, Holota, Tepertopia, Nowa Europa, Treir, Blondiesland, Bleakfoot, The Altan, PenguinPies, Bawkie, Andinla, Land Without Shrimp, Amerion, Erinor, Rebel-topia, Volaworand, Wehraboos, Aidenfieeld, Death to democracy, Beepee, Aumeltopia, Scu Greinne, Belschaft, Farengeto, Purple Hyacinth, Conexia, Tsunamy, Concrete Slab, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Crystal Creation, Ebonhand, Sandaoguo, Bichedder, Holy Free, Ipugao, New Itomorii, The Stickmin Empire, Hanguk-Nippon, Arvan Irawer, Libedistan, New Qafedemar, Westenhald, Greater Scottdascoda, Sedunn, Weryalachiressaraxiatopia, New Belgrade, Gonrati, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, and 1 other.The United Australian States.