The Republic of Lost in Despair
“By The People For The People”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: The Empire
Regional Influence: Apprentice
The Republic of Lost in Despair is a massive, pleasant nation, remarkable for its burgeoning swan population. The hard-working population of 4.45 billion Lost in Despairians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 23.9%.
The Lost in Despairian economy, worth 172 trillion rubles a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Gambling, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 38,838 rubles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is relatively low, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lost in Despair's national animal is the swan, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lost in Despair's influence in The Empire rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Lost in Despair's influence in The Empire rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Lost in Despair's influence in The Empire rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Lost in Despair resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Lost in Despair's influence in The Empire rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Lost in Despair was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Lost in Despair was endorsed by The Protectorate of Minca 34.
- : Lost in Despair was endorsed by The Protectorate of Oversized Operativez 20.
- : Lost in Despair endorsed The Holy Empire of Pogaria.
- : Lost in Despair relocated from Wallkill to The Empire.