The Very Large Safari Park of Los Santos
“Mata ai ni kurukarane”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Very Large Safari Park of Los Santos is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Sam with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, ubiquitous missile silos, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 39.685 billion Los Santosians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Industry, Education, and Administration are also considered important, while Welfare and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Small Village. The average income tax rate is 91.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Los Santosian economy, worth an astonishing 37,892 trillion Planet Sized Wine Gums a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is a breathtaking 954,831 Planet Sized Wine Gums, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
It is well recognised that you can't sustain communism without a bit of spirit, childish pranks are no laughing matter, stray cats threaten the fledgling avian-based internet, and attempted suicide is punishable by public hanging. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Los Santos's national animal is the Batman, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Toastology.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Los Santos was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Los Santos voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Realm of the Whispering Winds".
- : Following new legislation in Los Santos, attempted suicide is punishable by public hanging.
- : Following new legislation in Los Santos, stray cats threaten the fledgling avian-based internet.
- : Following new legislation in Los Santos, childish pranks are no laughing matter.
- : Following new legislation in Los Santos, it is well recognised that you can't sustain communism without a bit of spirit.
- : Following new legislation in Los Santos, hundreds of teenagers die every year at the Los Santosian Hungry Games.
- : Following new legislation in Los Santos, fair-weather fans talk during plays while die-hard theatre enthusiasts stay at home.
- : Los Santos voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protections During Territorial Transitions".
- : Following new legislation in Los Santos, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours.
Endorsements Received: None.