The Kingdom of Locotima
“God save the Queen”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Location: Conch Kingdom
Regional Influence: Shoeshiner
The Kingdom of Locotima is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, keen interest in outer space, and frequent executions. The compassionate population of 308 million Locotimians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Central Blonderstand. The average income tax rate is 50.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Locotiman economy, worth 21.9 trillion Pervincian Pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Pizza Delivery, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 71,039 Pervincian Pounds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Dubiously qualified East Lebatuckese doctors prescribe ice baths as a treatment for pneumonia, voting district maps are said to resemble a tyrannosaurus eating the capital, Tom and Jerry cartoons have cat and mouse resolving their problems with reasoned discussion, and maximum security fish farms leave caged salmon pining for the fjords. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Locotima's national animal is the Tiger Shark, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Locotima, maximum security fish farms leave caged salmon pining for the fjords.
- : Following new legislation in Locotima, Tom and Jerry cartoons have cat and mouse resolving their problems with reasoned discussion.
- : Locotima voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : Locotima voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Following new legislation in Locotima, voting district maps are said to resemble a tyrannosaurus eating the capital.
- : Following new legislation in Locotima, dubiously qualified East Lebatuckese doctors prescribe ice baths as a treatment for pneumonia.
- : Following new legislation in Locotima, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend.
- : Following new legislation in Locotima, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss.
- : Following new legislation in Locotima, signs saying "No Poor People or Weirdoes" are common outside shops and cafés.
- : Locotima was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Tentoria.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Ienia, The Free City of Nelson, Pervincia, Balan Bar, Socialist Platypus, Liberto-Ancapistan, Ziroxeut, Aelandi, Zuelong, Duby, Eastern Starbowie, Seolia, Phandonia, Redamia, Devonigondwana, Primis Tenebris, Loveable Dogs, United States Of Florida, Cyzixraqab, Charville, Hockeyyekcoh, Free Azell, Covoicotheval, The sovereign provinces of Mesha, The Psittacines, Sweola, Inner New Miductan, Boettger, Ruotsaland, Wakaru, Hubdova, Ciapore, Kurczak Mielony, Oktadonia, BadBitchVille, Her Majesty Silver Garden, United Cyber Tech, Nueva Rico, Cle Brait, Stustu, Kursibar, El Blurkistan, The Capitalist China Party, Washiwa, Nibelia, and Tentoria.